Four Year Old Little Boy Fell And Died Inside Well After Mother Screams At Him


A four-year-old little boy, Praise Dada, fell inside a well on Tuesday following a shout by his mum who found him playing near the well.

Little Praise, a Nursery II pupil, followed his mom to greet a friend while returning from school. Mrs Dada decided to visit her friend who just opened a shop near the school.

Praise was seen jumping on the well with a fragile lid. As his mother screamed on the looming danger, the boy, out of shock and panic, was said to have fell inside the well...

The incident attracted huge crowd but none could enter the well to rescue the boy. The Nation learnt that it took an hour before he was recovered. He was declared dead at the Holy Mary Hospital opposite the shop.

An eyewitness, Fola said:
“I was in the room when I heard someone screaming, ‘this child has killed himself’. Then I ran out to find out what happened. I even thought it was motorcycle that hit someone. Then I asked them and they said he fell inside a water. So, I went near the gutter, assuring them that I will rescue the child. Then I realised he fell inside the well. I turned back and called 767. We waited for them for over an hour. But later some Hausa guys came and removed him. By the time he was brought out, he was dead.

“What I heard was that the shock from his mother’s scream led the child inside well because he was already jumping on it. She shouted, fear gripped the boy and he fell down. It was the noise that attracted a crowd. His mother even wanted to go into the well before people removed the baby she strapped on her back for safety.”

Another witness, Grace Tosin, said:
“I was sleeping when I heard the landlord’s voice. The woman was passing by and decided to greet a new tenant here who just rented a shop. After exchange of greetings, she sat and they started chatting. She got here around 4pm. She sat here when the child was jumping on the well. When she saw him on it and tried to rescue him, he got scared and his head dived into the well. Before we knew it, he was inside the well. 

"The rescuer had wanted to enter the well much earlier but people were creating tension and saying he could also die, so the fear delayed him until he was encouraged again. It was his bag that was first retrieved before his body. He was rushed to the hospital opposite us where he was declared dead on arrival.

“The boy’s father was very furious on hearing the incident.”

A nurse, who attended to him, said “the boy was dead on arrival. It took them long to retrieve him from the well. We tested his pulse and there was nothing.”


Share this

Related Posts

Loading...
Previous
Next Post »