35 Year Old Business Man Killed After Winning Big In Lottery In Lagos

A 35-year-old businessma identified as Ejike Onyejekwe, was reported killed at FESTAC Town area of Lagos. It was learnt that the man, who lived on 21 Road, K Close, Festac, was stabbed to death after winning a lot of money from a lottery game.

To celebrate the big win, Onyejekwe bought drinks for his friends and threw a party last Thursday and Friday. But he was later heard arguing with an unidentified person on the phone.

He told some of his friend around he was going to see the person, but never returned. His corpse was allegedly discovered the next day on one of the estates.

A resident, who did not want to be identified, told The Punch that the chairman of the estate called the attention of residents to the corpse on Saturday.

He said, “I was sipping tea around 7am when I heard the chairman blowing a whistle. I thought it was strange, but my wife called my attention to the surging crowd on the estate.

“I went downstairs and saw the corpse on the road. Like everybody, I was alarmed. We could not tell how the corpse got there or who he was. He had multiple stab injuries in the head. We all resolved that the case should be reported at the FESTAC Police Station.”

It was learnt that some of the victim’s friends later identified him.

The corpse was said to have been deposited in a morgue, while the police arrested and detained the chairman of the estate and his secretary. They were later released.

A source said, “The man won a lot of money in a lottery and from last Thursday to Friday, he was asking his friends to drink at his expense.

“He was called on the phone that Friday evening and he went to meet a man. I suspect that a gang stabbed him and used an object to hit him in the head. There were bruises on his knees and it appeared they dragged him on the floor as well.

“When the police were removing his corpse, blood was dripping from his mouth and nostrils. He was murdered in cold blood.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident, adding that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.

Share this

Related Posts

Next Post »